Followers

Friday, November 11, 2011

peppermint candies quilt

One block done after joining 8 sections
ironing seams open after removing paper
I have a love / hate relationship with paper piecing.  First I love the accuracy with paper piecing but I hate  the  mess of removing the paper.
This block came together perfectly, look how those seams come together to form the peppermint candy....yeah I love that part!

I'll show the whole quilt after it is released by Quiltmaker mag., this pattern was shown in the  Oct. /Nov. issue but did not look anything like this. :0)  Happy Sewing, Kim

4 comments:

Nifty Quilts said...

What a striking block! Will look forward to seeing the whole quilt.

beth said...

This one's going to be beautiful!

Cheryl Willis said...

great job! one of the fun things about the mag. blocks is we can do them up in our scrappys and get great results. I probablly wouldn't want to paper piece it.

I am off to play with my dies to see if i can figure out a quickie. cw

Pokey said...

Very cute, Kim. I love your side job, sewing up these quilts in a different view. It helps so many people develop an eye for looking at quilt patterns differently!
:0-}pokey